If you plan on working in Canada you will need to register for a social insurance number (SIN). You need to get this in person from any Service Canada office – bring along your passport and work permit.

There is a Service Canada office in Whistler, just above the tourist information centre. It is only open once a month so check the schedule before counting on it! We will post the new season’s opening times once they have been released by Service Canada.

If you don’t want to wait around to get your SIN sorted you can go up to Squamish where the Service Canada office is open Monday to Friday 8:30am-4pm or if you are in Vancouver for a day or two you can visit the downtown office.

Find a Service Canada office.

  • Your SIN is a valuable piece of identity and should be guarded as much as you would your passport or drivers license. If it is stolen report it asap. Don’t carry it around in your wallet or hand it out to prove you identity!

Questions? The mic is yours!